[cvsnt-dev] Re: Should a recent CVSNT server compatable with a CVS 1.11.19 client

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Thu Apr 7 23:08:54 BST 2005

Thanks for the reply Tony.

I'm testing it out and things look ok but I get some funny behaviour when
committing.

Given the example command and output below right away I see 2 strange
things.

1. Should I be worried about the lines 'cvs server: Unknown expansion option
...'
2. It committed all three files in the simple sandbox even though I
specified only a.cpp, maybe this is a side effect of -f option that I'm not
aware of.

Thanks
Matt S.

Example:

dpp999:simple>cvs commit -f -m"" a.cpp
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'T'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'H'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'E'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'A'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'T'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'H'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'E'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'A'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'T'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'H'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'E'.
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'A'.
Checking in a.cpp;
/CVSTestData/simple/a.cpp,v  <--  a.cpp
done
Checking in b.cpp;