[cvsnt-dev] Re: Trace differences between HPUX and Linux

Jan Giesen jan.giesen at web.de
Wed Nov 23 22:01:41 UTC 2005

My investigation has shown, that the wrong initialization of the
"callbacks" struct is caused by a missing parameter for "shl_load"
in the libltdl/ltdl.c file:

Currently LT_BIND_FLAGS are defined as:
  #define LT_BIND_FLAGS (BIND_IMMEDIATE | BIND_NONFATAL | DYNAMIC_PATH)

This Define must be extended with the BIND_FIRST parameter:

  #define LT_BIND_FLAGS (BIND_IMMEDIATE | BIND_FIRST | BIND_NONFATAL |
DYNAMIC_PATH)

After extending this Define, the trigger libraries are loaded and
initialized.
This is in-line with the HPUX documentation.

Unfortunately I have still a crash dump after unloading the last trigger
library...
Not everything is solved with this patch.

Best regards
               Jan Giesen

"Tony Hoyle" <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:dlut17$e3m$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
Jan Giesen wrote:

> What could be the reason that the "callbacks" struct is not correctly
> initialized??

No idea.  The GetCvsInfo in each library is only a single line that
returns the address of the structure.  The only way I can imagine you'd
get the wrong structure is if it was calling the wrong function, which
should be impossible unless libtool on HPUX is severely broken.