[cvsnt] Re: How to update CVSNT remotely???

Ori Berger cvsnt-newsgroups at orib.net
Thu Dec 25 19:47:11 GMT 2003

Bo Berglund wrote:

> The CVSNT server is a W2000 Workstation and I can get to it using the
> remote console from the Resource Kit. But there is no remote desktop
> available (it came with XP-Pro) so GUI maintenance is not available.
>
> Any advice?

Use VNC (UltraVNC works best on Windows from my experience), and/or
DameWare <http://www.dameware.com>. When I last used Dameware, 2
years ago, felt much less responsive than VNC - however, it is able
to install itself remotely if you can reach port 139 of that
workstation and know the admin password (It copies whatever it
needs, installs it as a service, and starts it -- all remotely).

You can download an evaluation version from their site. What you
need is the "Mini Remote Control" utility.