[cvsnt] Re: (r)log quirks...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Sep 10 13:22:08 BST 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:07:04 +0000 (UTC), "Oliver Giesen"
<ogware at gmx.net> wrote:

>It seems that (r)log -S (aka "suppress header information when no
>revisions are selected") does not work when used in combination with -h
>(aka "Only print header") or -R (aka "Only print name of RCS file").
>You get all the "Selected revisions: 0" records back as well.

This works...

cvs -d /usr/local/cvs rlog -S -h -r1.52 cvsnt

..correctly produces only files with a revision 1.52

The -R option bypasses all the checks, which seems to be the way it
was written, although 1.11.2 has implemented it, and it doesn't look
too hard.

>Likewise combining -N ("Do not list tags") and -r (i.e. filter by tag)
>also lists all revisions regardless of whether they carry the
>filtered-by tag or not.

This works too...

cvs -d /usr/local/cvs rlog -S -N -r1.52 cvsnt

>Does anyone know if the Cyclic CVS also (mis)behaves like this?

>From my limited testing, yes, they behave identically, except for the
-R option.

Neither version of cvs really supports symbolic tags with the -r
option.. they throw up a lot of warnings.  cvsnt treats the errors
differently (which leads to a slight difference in output).

 I'll make them behave the same in the next release.