[cvsnt] commitinfo script parameters bug in 2.0.9

John Kinson cvs at yellowradio.com
Thu Sep 11 09:17:13 BST 2003

Re: [cvsnt] commitinfo script parameters bug in 2.0.9Thanks Glen, that was
actually the first thing I tried before posting the mail, but nothing came
in over stdin.

However, your mail has jogged my memory that ActiveState Perl scripts that
are invoked via their extension do not receive stdin properly, so by
changing my commitinfo from

    ALL    C:/CVSRoot/Repo/CVSROOT/commitinfo.pl

    ALL    perl C:/CVSRoot/Repo/CVSROOT/commitinfo.pl

the problem was fixed, and the filenames do indeed get transferred over
stdin.

This interface change between the command line and stdin is bound to catch
people out though - it's a significant divergence from Cederqvist etc.,
although I understand the need for the change.  I guess I ought to read the
small print before upgrading...

Cheers

JK
--