[cvsnt] Re: Update problems - file XXX was lost

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jul 13 14:54:06 BST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:50:26 -0400, "Chuck Kirschman"
<Chuck.Kirschman at bentley.com> wrote:

>In addition to the problem below (I haven't seen any response, so I
>assume it's a known bug), I'm also seeing a similar problem on update.
>If I commit or modify a file while updating, suddenly it stops knowing
>that a file is Modified and instead decides that they are all Lost.
>None of these "lost" files are modified on the server, only in my local
>sandbox.  It seems as if a change to the sandbox makes the cvsNT client
>lose it's way somehow.  Is there anything I can do to help debug these
>problems?  The responses are quite confusing to the users.

The 'was lost' is coming from the server.  The move away is just the
client trying to make sense of the incorrect information it's being
fed by the server.

The client is behaving correctly in this case.  As others are not
having this problem I suspect you're using a patched server??