[cvsnt] Re: "cvs diff -rHEAD" annoyance

Johan Holmberg holmberg at iar.se
Thu Jul 15 16:48:25 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> writes:

> >One of the things I tried to point out, was that standard CVS *didn't*
> >behave that way. I have tried the following constallations of
> >clients/servers:
>
> As I said, check google - it does.  They might have changed the
> behaviour in the last couple of months but the current cvsnt behaviour
> has been standard since at least 1999 and probably earlier.

I happened to have access to two Redhat-boxes of different age:

    cvs version    Redhat binary date    "no comparison ..." warning
    1.10.5         Mar 21  1999          yes
    1.11.2         Jan 25  2003          no

I thought of trying to nail down what version in between this changed,
but was surprised by one thing: I couldn't find any old "historic"
source code packages of CVS. Am I "blind" or is it really that hard ?

/Johan Holmberg