[cvsnt] How do I grant access to subdirectory ?

liuwei liuwei at xbow.com.cn
Sat Apr 2 12:32:05 BST 2005

For example,
1.dir1 has two subdirectory:dirA,dirB
I want to let userA have full access to dirA,and UserA can't read dirB.
and I want to Let UserB have full access to dirB,and UserB can't read dirA.
2.when I run:cvs chacl -a read -u user dir1 will grant the user named
theuser read  access to the dir1 directory.But both of UserA or UserB  can
checkout the DirA and DirB subdirectory,I had tried to grant userA with full
access only to dirA,and noread permisson to dirB,but still failed.How can I
do that? Thank very much!Based on cvsnt manual:For a user to have access to
a directory, they must have at least read access to all the directories
above it. If a user has a 'no access' ACL on a parent directory they cannot
be granted access to directories below it.
--
Best regards,

Wei Liu
liuwei at xbow.com.cn
IT Engineer
CrossBow  Technology, Inc. Beijing Representative  Office
Tel:8610-65527678  Fax:8610-65528819
Mobil: 13240007524