[cvsnt] BUG: Corrupted binary files

Kevin zzz at zzz.zzz.org
Thu Jun 16 10:31:31 BST 2005

> I don't think there is an easy way out except getting the backup
> out from your tape archive (from before the problem happened). :-(

I followed your advice and maybe I found what is wrong in the RCS file:

This is part of the RCS file that is *not* working properly:
<rcs>
date 2005.06.09.13.40.39; author HSM\sfenech; state dead;
branches;
next 1.5;
deltatype text;
permissions 444;
commitid 12b842a846d23f73;
kopt b;
filename msdia20.dll;
</rcs>

I restored the file from a backup and removed the HEAD revision. The chunk
above now looks like this:
<rcs>
date 2005.06.16.08.49.26; author HSM\kagius; state dead;
branches;
next 1.5;
deltatype text;
permissions 444;
commitid c5442b13d120381;
kopt 2.1;
filename msdia20.dll;
</rcs>

Note the "kopt" line. CVSNT version 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1969 has generated
a very strange kopt. The chaacters between "kopt" and "2.1" have byte values
of 0x09(tab), 0x03 and 0x02 repectively.

Is this correct? Shouldn't the kopt be "b" as above. Note that the strange
kopt sequence was generated by a recent stable build. Will this cause
problems again?

--
Kevin Agius