[cvsnt] Re: cvs server: warning: new-born newfile.txt has disappeared

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Sep 20 22:44:05 BST 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:28:33 -0300, Daniel Lapolla
<ldlapolla at yahoo.com> wrote:

>The ability to work with "mixed" working copies WAS one of the good
>features of cvsnt... It seems it's gone now and will not come back...

During testing of the development builds the last half year or so I
noticed at one time that my sandbox that contains files checked out
with sticky tags and on several branches (in the same sandbox folder)
were losing the tagged revisions and updated to the folder tag
instead. There were a couple of builds like that but it was fixed
after I discussed it with Tony. You might be running one of the builds
that does this...

Right now I have a test sandbox where:
- The sandbox itself is updated to Branch_001
- A few files are on Branch_002
- Some files are on HEAD
- Some files are on various sticky tags

This all updates just fine, all revisions stay in place.

I am using 2.5.02.2091 on this test server.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)