[cvsnt] Help in CVSNT

Aravinth Rajendran aravinth.rajendran at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:49:52 BST 2008

Hello,

It did not solve the problem. Also let me explain you the problem in detail:

1) We have installed the CVSNT server in a machine M1. The machine has a
domain D1 and we have user logins in the domain say u1, u2. We use that to
login to the system.

2) Now i have TortoiseCVS installed in my system and i have logged into this
system also using the same user login u1 in the domain D1. Now when i do a
CVS checkout for fetching list, i use my login in the domain D1 and it asks
for the password that i use to login as u1 in the domain D1. And once given,
it fetches the list properly

3) My colleague uses his personal laptop which doesn't have the domain D1
and he uses his own user name say ux1 to login into his personal system. He
also has a domain user name namely u2 in the domain D1. Now, he does a CVS
checkout using his domain username / password u2. It throws error.

Now i tried setting up the windows firewall allowing the program cvslock.exe
and opening the port 2401. It did not work.

The errors that we got was:

In C:\DOCUME~1\LENOVO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\: "C:\Program Files\CVSNT\cvs.exe" -q
-Q co -c
CVSROOT=:sspi:bmerinc at b7mdcs018.bg.na.jci.com:2401/JCSPLM_CGF_MGMT_SYS

cvs [checkout aborted]: Error reading from server b7mdcs018.bg.na.jci.com:
-1: Unknown error

In C:\DOCUME~1\LENOVO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\: "C:\Program Files\CVSNT\cvs.exe" -q
-Q ls -q /
CVSROOT=:sspi:bmerinc at b7mdcs018.bg.na.jci.com:2401/JCSPLM_CGF_MGMT_SYS

cvs [ls aborted]: Error reading from server b7mdcs018.bg.na.jci.com: -1:
Unknown error

Please provide some help.

Regards, Aravinth

--